Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Vile & Odious* Comments Will Not Be Posted

I received a long, rambling comment for moderation directed at the Memorial weekend posts, but went far beyond.  It was vile and I chose not to post it since it was written by "anonymous" (bless their heart) and filled with hate. (BTW, I removed the "older" from the profile about a week ago, so this tells me a lot.)  Here is a teeny sample:
As you point out, you are an "older" gay man and you are working as a restaurant host? By your own admission, you are working and socializing with people young enough to be your children and grandchildren.  Is this all you have to show for your long life? Maybe you should have died of AIDS. You have been worthless otherwise.

This person also took offense at my Memorial Caturday post, claiming I was (sic) "defaming the dignity of our war dead". S/he took shots at my heritage and birthplace.  Just about the only thing not beaten to death in the rant was the style and color of my underwear - for obvious reasons.

I smell a rat here. A number of statements refer to things never posted here, only on an earlier, now defunct site, designed to address those of us in long-term relationships who were suddenly alone, which (for many reasons) I chose to discontinue, wrap up, and move on. This "person" was trying to get to me for some reason, and I don't know why.  In the past  5 years alone I've probably lost more - materially - than this person will ever dream of having.

I make no excuses for my life, past or present.  It was what it was (and was it ever!), and it is what it is. Nothing, certainly not anonymous, hateful words, can alter that truth.

*A phrase often used by southern belles to defend family reputations, as well as their own.

And so it goes.

3 comments:

  1. I've never once received a negative comment like that. That is awful. And I agree with you that I would have removed it. However, if they were a real blogger and I could link back to them, then I would have let the comment stand since they apparently wouldn't be afraid of a debate.
    Take care. Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark: You're absolutely right. If this was a fellow blogger (although I don't know any blogger that I read or follow, who would write things like this)open to debate, that would be a different thing altogether.

    The other thing that bothered me was the comment about "socializing" with the younger staff. I do not. Other than sharing an AS drink together, there is no there, there.

    In the end, this was not meant to be debated. Just an attempt to hurt and it didn't work.

    Thanks for the comment and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted a comment before to this posting but maybe it got lost (or you decided not to post it). Let me say this, I am sorry you are still the target of this unwarranted hate. Obviously you're success is bothing somebody. They're jealous. You did the right thing by exposing the cheapness and shallowness of the comment.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...