Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weekend Update With Some Trepidation.

 The weather since Thursday has been more brutal than usual for June. High humidity and temperatures drained much energy (not to mention 'precious bodily fluids'), but the visitors were in high spirits, grateful to shed winter's cold, and ready to part-ay!  They have carried me through this long stretch without a day off, bless 'em, and I have only one more day before that happens...and none too soon.

I've discovered that my strange looking not-so-little-anymore plant (Zamioculcas - thanks Stan) is sending up 2 more new shoots from other stems. I went to transplant it to give it more room, but won't do that until the new growth period is over.  It's really quite beautiful to watch the plant spring with new life.  So, I'll be watching its daily progress, maybe even take a few more pictures later on.

A co-worker gave me 2 heads of bib lettuce, a few zucchini, and fresh-cut basil from her garden today. The first 2 will be part of tonight's supper and the last will go into a fresh pasta sauce on Tuesday.

Over this weekend 4 customers wanted to buy me a drink.  How embarassing. This is very new to me. I receive a free after-shift (AS) cocktail of my choice every day, so accepting their offer I would feel like, what we used to call in New Orleans a "B Girl" a bar girl, employed by the establishment to entice drunk customers to buy them watered-down drinks at high prices.  The girls got a cut of what they sold.

To be honest, only one customer had ever offered to buy me a drink after my AS cocktail - and that was very difficult to except until I realized it would have hurt his feelings terribly. Like that guy, those who wanted to buy a drink this weekend have families that I truly love to see, enjoy schmoozing and joking with - and have the most well behaved kids I've ever experienced.  Bright, sharp, and quick witted.  They get my humor! What's not to love.

Anyway, in the end I declined the 4 offers, saying I only have one cocktail after work, especially if I am working the following day, and that I have to walk home alone...I don't want to disappoint them, but I feel guilty.  I don't want them to think they need to pay for what I offer freely.  That may sound bizarre, but that's where I am at present.

Oh, and did I forget to mention that the 4 fathers/heads of households/husbands, are the most beautiful men I've had the pleasure to know in a very long time...with eyes that could stop time and smiles that make my heart skip a beat, or two. 

But, never mind. I'm off to prepare garlic/ginger wings with a bib lettuce, artichoke, feta cheese salad, and sauteed zucchini with slivered garlic and cracked white pepper.

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. Say what you will but ...

    "garlic/ginger wings with a bib lettuce, artichoke, feta cheese salad, and sauteed zucchini with slivered garlic and cracked white pepper"

    will never replace:

    "the most beautiful men I've had the pleasure to know in a very long time...with eyes that could stop time and smiles that make my heart skip a beat, or two"

    ...and you're kidding yourself if you think it does. Just saying. Your mother knows.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...