Sunday, November 24, 2013

That Blogger Meme


Dr. Spo (the dear) created this meme.  For what they are worth, here are my thoughts on the subject.

From the desk (mind?) of Ur-Spo:


What you like most about being a blogger?
Writing about what interests me and impacts my life in some way. Sharing informational tidbits about our world. Receiving comments, suggestions from readers. Blogging has replaced journaling for me. 
How many bloggers have you met?
About 20 formally at the 2013 Bloggerpalooza, and 4 others who dined at the restaurant, but were too shy to introduce themselves. No way to recognize them since their profiles don't contain photos of themselves 
Do you ever go back and read your old entries?
Only if I am writing an update on a previous post and then only as a hot link to give the reader background info.
Do you share your job skills here?
I don't know about "job skills" per se, having experience in many disparate fields led me to the most recent position. (Life can do that to you.) I always loved working with the public and the restaurant gig was the best of the lot.
Have you changed your views about anything thanks to blogging?
Yes. Reading topics from the perspective of others has been an enlightening experience.  Rewarding, too. Most blogs I read while expressing an opinion, tend to be open-minded, willing to accept new ideas - other opinions.  I like that. 
Do your coworkers know about your blog?
Yes, but most aren't interested in the blog world. They're more into gossip, FaceBook and Twitter. Gossip isn't my thing.
What advice would you give for successful blogging?
I'm not sure "successful" is the right word. I don't make money from blogging - G*d knows, I'd starve, I'm not a writer - and I ruffle some feathers from time to time, but my opinions are my own and, as far as I know, no one has ever been physically injured by reading this space.
What is your opinion of aardvarks?
I love them. "Does Anybody Here Have an Aarkvark?" If you remember that song, you will also remember "WONDERAMA", in which case, enough said.
Do you publish everything you write ?
Much of what I write is on the spur of the moment.  Blood boiling in anger, disbelief, wonder, or happiness whirling around in my brain. I tend to write quickly, occasionally going back to correct and smooth out the rough places.  Usually re-read the piece once all the way through, then publish or chuck it.  I tend to write the way I talk. I write for me, anyway.
If you could make ‘three rules’ for blogging, what would they be?
1# All readers should leave a comment - agree, disagree, add an insight, or just to say "HI". (Note: I've had folks "follow" then "un-follow" and then "follow" me again. Jeez, comment, or make up your mind.)
2# Bloggers ought to be gentle with one another, supportive. Encouraging. It's a rough world out there and we all deal with it in our own, best way.
3# (I agree with Spo on this one) If a blog ‘goes private’ this should also be announced.  I dislike showing up suddenly to a ‘locked door  without being told ahead of time or at least offered an invite to come in.
Do people help you write your blog?
No.  Can't you tell? 
Who are your blogger super-heroes?
I read various blogs for various reasons. The personal blogs of those I met at Bloggerpalooza - and others; political blogs, news & Information blogs, LGBT blogs, humor blogs, history and science blogs. 
Final question (if you dare!) : Have you slept with any of your fellow bloggers?

No, but there are one or two that I'd like to snuggle with.  I mean, they're married. I am a Southern gentleman, after all.
Wanna buy a bridge?
And so it goes.


4 comments:

  1. hmmmmmm, your last entry...so many men, so little time! smooches, lovey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! And by the way, you ARE a writer. You have the secret to writing a good blog, you write for yourself and you give us, the Great Unwashed the opportunity to share you life. That to me is the secret of a successful blog. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am honored you played along; I enjoyed your responses. You are a dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool entry. Like the last question. I agree!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...