Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Back to the E R


To all you friends and commenters, thanks from the bottom of my heart for your humor, thoughts and prayers.  It’s hard to put into words how they lift me up. 

When the pain is outrageously bad, it’s soothing to think of Sassy Bear holding my hand.  

Yesterday came and went with little change here. The joint pain made me too weak to move around without holding on to something. Fortunately, in my cigar box size apartment everything is within a few feet of everything else. Sometimes even that distance is too much.

Two painkillers made a tiny dent in the pain that shook me to the core.  Barely able to stand, I even had to pee sitting down - then it was a chore to get up again, so I gave that up.

I think I have made the connection between the joint pain and fever. When the fever was at its highest yesterday at 102.F  all movement was excruciating. 

(yes, I know, I was supposed to call 911 if the temp got that high, but I just couldn’t do it)

I took a high dose of tylenol, 2 benadryl, and 2 painkillers, then crawled into bed fighting off chills. I lay on my back very still - thinking about that kiss on the forehead offered by Fearsome -  and eventually sleep took me. I don’t remember a thing. No dreams or anything, which is very strange for me - I dream all the time.

When I woke up I was soaking wet as was everything near or on me. I noticed the pain was gone immediately. Got out of the wet things, dried off, brushed my teeth and headed to the kitchen for an Ensure.  The pain in my joints was gone.

After cleaning up I moved to the dry side of the bed and read, feeling more relaxed and relieved. The sheets will get changed soon enough, but not now. Eventually I slept, but again, no dreams. 

Another high fever has hit, so I guess I’m off to the ER anyway. I am hardly ambulatory at this point.

It is what it is and I’ll take it as it comes. 

*

Back to the ER

11 comments:

  1. my dear sweet cajun, you are in my thoughts and I wish I was not so damn far away.

    dream of those handholds (and cosmos) from sassybear and smooches from fearsome and me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can have all the furry forehead kisses you want. Hoping that the ER helps and those fevers go away. In the mean time Madonna's cover of the song Fever just popped into my head...little did you know I would somehow find a way to get an ear worm out of all this. Feel better Cajun! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on, Anne Marie. Wish I had my legs back and lived close enough to you to be of some real help -- more than good wishes and prayers, though those are very important. I am concerned about your living alone and having these flare-ups in your disease process. Can you get your doctor to arrange for some home health assistance, perhaps having a home health nurse visit you every couple of days? With these temperature spikes and pain, you should be monitored more closely. That at least would be in your apartment, rather than having to be admitted to the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Calvin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
    Philippians 4:6-7

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cajun, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I have enjoyed your blog for several years. You are a very special person. Hope you are feeling better soon. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck; nasty fever and chills roller coasters - no fun that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of you, and offering my help if needed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My thoughts too - although I suspect AM's are more powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keeping you in my thoughts and hope you get some relief and recover very soon. I'll be down in the RB/OC area next week. If there is anything I can do for you while I'm in the area(run and get you something, visit you in the hospital, etc.) please, email me. Link is on my blog.
    Healing Hugs,
    sluggy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...