Friday, October 31, 2014

Dark & Stormy Halloween and Visit to Hell

Sassy commented; “when you’re going through hell, keep on going.” Well, in the past I’ve been told that I do that, but also have a tendency to stop and take a long look around before moving on.  I suppose it’s like there are times I truly ‘want’ to remember and consider, so as not to miss anything.  Sick, no?

Lungs are clear - no more pneumonia. Blood count is up (without outside intervention) - I am no longer in isolation. Though the port is still accessed, I am no longer receiving any IV fluids - I can walk freely without dragging around that cumbersome “tree of life” with me.  No more oxygen necessary - lungs are at almost full strength and capacity.

The vicious red, fungal rash on my legs and feet is finally disappearing.  Having been properly diagnosed a week ago, the correct meds applied, the skin is just about back to it’s original color and the itching is all but gone.  Now I hope I can wear long trousers, since it is Autumn here, after all. The rash doesn’t take to being rubbed against heavy fabrics and is barely content with a light sheet covering them at night.  

Waiting for PT to sign off on my ability to climb stairs without adverse reaction. Considering the restrictions set in play in my last post.  Still, something is better than nothing - most of the time.

Rumor has it that I might get sprung either today or tomorrow if the stars and planets align properly and that I may just be able to return to my old apartment while I search for a place on the ground floor. To transmigrate at a future date…

We shall see. 

I had a delightful student nurse with me all day making sure I did all I was supposed to do as well as keeping me company. Abby did a wonderful job and will be with me again today for 4 or 5 hours. I look forward to the diversion since she’s a delightful walking companion as well. 

The locos guys are in Mexico today, Linda is working a double which means I won’t see much of her today or tomorrow. In honor of Halloween I did ask her to bring in a few boxes of decorated cupcakes for the nurse staff this morning. My fear is the staff will arrive in morbid costumes and we won't be able to tell them from the real patients.  Should be an interesting day.

Linda has promised me a 'Dark & Stormy’ when I finally get out of here.  So, the sooner, the better!

I've got to run over and see if the lovely and talented Dr.Spo has done my reading as promised.  Then I'm ready for breakfast and the rest of the fabulous day in Spa Beebe in beautiful downtown Lewes, Delaware. Don't hate.  It's how I roll.

And so it goes.
*


8 comments:

  1. OMB, I CANNOT WAIT TIL YOU ARE OUTTA CAMP BEBEE! this is such momentous news! all our healing thoughts worked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you are doing so much better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen to that Sassybear...he's wise beyond his years! I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I've read about superheroes my whole life...but you're the first real one I've ever met.

    Sassybear
    Www.Idleeyesandadormy.Com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo!
    Good job Cajun!
    Gotta love that Sassy....and that quote!
    Happy Halloween my dear...

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many positive things in this post! It is nice to hear you are doing so much better.

    Calvin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I agree with Will J, you are indeed amazing!

      Delete
  7. On Halloween it was so warm we wore shorts and T-shirts .
    But I wore my Cajun restaurant shirt; I thought of you on Hallowe'en !

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...