Friday, September 21, 2007

Balance

I am keeping the pledge made during the four-week seminar on Living a Balanced Life by journaling at least 4 times weekly. Sometimes I post an entry here, sometimes not. It’s good to get the thoughts out and attempt to sort out what areas of life are going well and where more work is needed.

It was said during one of the sessions that if one commits just 90 days to make a change by the end of that time the change would be part of new habits. It’s been 4 weeks now and so far I’ve been able to stick to my pledge, though it hasn’t been easy to find something to write at times. My days are pretty mundane and most time off is spent at the apartment, so what’s there to write about, really?

Nonetheless, I feel better about doing it and find that even when I think I’m writing nonsense it turns out later to be a snapshot of where I was at that moment.

Gradually – it is a slow process – positive change is happening. It’s a strong feeling; an awareness, and people close to me have noticed and mentioned the changes they have seen.

And whenever an overwhelming sadness comes over me, I purposely think of where I was at this time last year, physically and emotionally. That usually snaps me back to the present and it’s not so terrible after all.

More later.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...