Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Going Without


I’ve been doing without a lot lately, but there are items necessary to keep house and I was left with none of them following the move. I'm not complaining.

You see, I initially moved from a house into a small bedroom in someone’s home, so I had no place, or need for those things. However, when I was forced out of that strange and stressful environment I needed everything from a vacuum cleaner and kitchen strainer, to ironing board and iron, to toaster oven and ice cube trays. You get the idea.

So July was a very expensive month; August less so, and September was looking like the best yet, though not yet within my budget. At least I felt that while I wasn’t exactly dancing through doorways, I wasn’t running in place, either.

Then yesterday another large expense popped up that will put me a bit further behind, and this morning I woke up to a dead modem. Nothing to do but shell out the money for both and hope to make it up next month. I was fortunate enough to get the last modem compatible with my aging computer. So, I came back and installed it, though Microsoft didn’t want to be helpful (so much for plug ‘n play!) I finally arm-wrestled Windows and succeeded – well, I am online, after all…

While not depressing, it’s undoubtedly all very frustrating.

More Later.

*

1 comment:

  1. Pets have a unique talent for making us smile even when we're not up to it. They can't possibly understand why we are depressed, they just sense it. Then in their own little ways, they nudge or paw or purr their way into out hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...