Saturday, September 8, 2007

A Lazy Saturday

And I believe I deserve it. Having worked many hours (too many) this week, I slept in this morning. Something I almost never do. I’m a morning person and like to get a walk on the boards in before getting errands done.

Well, I had a To-Do list made up for today and planned to do just that, but when I awoke the bed felt so cool and comfortable I decided to roll over and, if not go back to sleep, at least just enjoy the peace and comfort and the luxury of resting. A guilty luxury, but what the hell.

Finally got up at 7:30 (hey, that's two hours later than usual) and made coffee and a light breakfast. Listened to Weekend Edition with Scott Simon and heard (for the umpteenth time in the last 2 weeks) an interview with Alan Weisman, the author of a fascinating new book titled “The World Without Us” which asks what would the world look like if something happened and there were no humans left on the planet. Sounds like an interesting read and since I have read so many sci-fi books about the collapse of civilization in the past (Earth Abides, Canticle for Leibowitz, Alas Babylon, and the like), what he writes makes perfect sense. The authors of the above novels were prophets, that’s for sure. But Weisman has done the scientific research to determine what will “REALLY” happen to the works of man and how long our disappearance will affect the earth. Clicking on the link above will take you to the book site where you can view multimedia slide shows. Since I am on dial-up, I am unable to view them, myself. Poop!

So, anyway, this afternoon I took a walk, sat by the pool and read for a while and am now in the process of making supper.

There’s nothing on my list that can’t get scratched off tomorrow after church. Everything will be open and most tourists are gone. I am rested and ready for another beautiful day.

More later.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...