Monday, September 3, 2007

Is it Over Yet?

At least for me it is... Labor Day Weekend is over. No party invites, no calls at all, actually. I worked most of the weekend and didn’t get to the beach or pool once. But, that’s OK. I’ll spend tomorrow sunning myself– reading, listening to music, or NPR news – sipping on iced green tea and being grateful for the weather Gods and their generosity providing temps in the 80s daily and 60’s over night. I am also reminded of where I was physically and emotionally at this time last year. A stark contrast.

What a delight to have the windows open and a stiff, cool breeze blowing through the apt- - and it’s September!

As most of the tourists left the resort communities this afternoon the roads were jammed with SUVs overstuffed with belongings, souvenirs and small children.

I work 6 miles from home and it took 40 minutes to make the trip this evening. That’s OK, I hope they enjoyed themselves and will return next season. They are our life-blood, after all.

Now that they’ve gone however, we get the town back and the luxury of having a quiet dinner at a local restaurant without worrying about finding a parking space, metered or not; or if we’ll be faced with a table of 10 or more family members with a few disruptive toddlers in tow. Oh, the headaches!!!

And today we learned that the piping plovers have left their nests and that means Cape Henlopen State Park beaches have reopened.

Smells like freedom to me. Hope your Weekend was memorable.

More later.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...