Tuesday, September 11, 2007

What Is It With People...?

What is it with some people from my previous life who feel the need to either ignore me, or have to tell me the latest gossip about that other person from my previous life? I’ll never understand it.

If I must talk about him at all, I try to keep it on a positive level, usually about his talents, his creativity, and his curiosity. If I relate some story from the past it is always one of the many good times and adventures we shared in the three decades we were together.

But it’s over. Done. Finished. Like the Beatles sang: Let It Be!

We’ve gone our separate ways. I haven’t heard from him since shortly after we sold the house in May.

I keep telling people that I am not interested in hearing about him, but they insist on telling me anyway. When this happened at the post office yesterday, I turned on my heels, got into my car and drove away. The person was still talking and clearly didn’t get the message. I’ll probably run into this person again and it will be interesting to find out what they will say of my rudeness. They may pay attention long enough that I can get the message into their thick head.

Note: In an older post where I wrote about the trials and frustrations of my life in turmoil one commenter suggested that I change the avatar to the image of “The Scream” by Edvard Munch. But I found the image above on the Internets Tubes and thought it a bit more appropriate.

I am not a big Simpson's fan, since I don’t have cable and use the box only to watch DVDs and Videos.

More later.

*

2 comments:

  1. Turning on your heels and leaving in a huff is alright as long as they're not spiked heels. If you trip then you have all those beads to contend with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture. Love the Simpson's too.
    You know, some people get great pleasure and satisfaction out of sharing gossip and watch for your response.
    Good on ya for not taking the bait.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...