Saturday, September 1, 2007

Plan Realized!

To those LOTR fans that have asked, yes, I did finally get my Saturday evening with The Fellowship of the Ring and it was most welcome.

Last Saturday was a half workday for me so I raced home, got all the comfort foods warmed up, (or cooled down) hit the play button and settled in for a great evening and good food.

It’s amazing considering the many times I have viewed the DVD that I still find something new that I missed in previous viewings. That always gives me great joy.

The extended version adds close to an hour to the final film and includes scenes cut from the theatrical version. The three hour theatrical release was enough to make New Line hyperventilate and want to pull hair. They wanted even more cuts, but (thankfully) Jackson refused. Still, he kept the deleted footage from all three films and included it in the extended versions. If you’re not a fan, sorry, but this is one of my passions and has been for 37 years. So, indulge me, please.

The only downside to the evening is that’s when I began to feel the cold coming on and the following week was none too pleasant. But it was a great night with burgers, salad, corn on the cob and finished off with watermelon. That's the most I have eaten in very long time.

Anyway, I survived and look forward to an evening with the Two Towers very soon. That one is the most difficult to watch straight through for so many reasons and on so many levels. However, as we wind down from the summer season and head into autumn, I can foresee a night of that season’s comfort food and the movie on another Saturday evening.

More later.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...