Friday, September 19, 2008

Going to Gotham

The date of this trip to NYC couldn’t have been better planned.

It turns out this is Sun Fest weekend in Ocean City, MD as well as NASCAR weekend in Dover, DE.

Oh, goodie! Enough drunk rednecks for everyone, and I had the pleasure of dealing with a few of them today (the early arrivals, getting in some tax-free shopping before everyone else) and thrilled that I’ll aboard a bus at 6:30 am tomorrow heading to New York City with 43 neighbors before they wake up.

Eating, drinking, laughing, and playing with friends for eight hours in the midtown theatre district. Not a replay of the June visit, but Act Two of catching up on our lives during the separation of 40 years. The First Act was incredibly emotional, and I am sure this one will be a bit so, Act Two promises to be a much lighter, more comfortable affair. And, there will be Cajun food and that can’t be beat. Everything in NOLA goes better with friends and good food.

Not seeing a play – this time. Maybe on the December trip. Of course, tickets to Broadway shows at Christmas are scarce, but I’ll see what is available, what I really want to see – and can afford.

And so it goes.

*

5 comments:

  1. i can not imagine going to NYC without seeing a show, although I think I prefer the Met nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Peter, I am sure I will.

    ur-spo, I lived in Gotham for most of my early adult life and I find nowadays I simply enjoy the city. I do miss the freedom of hopping on the IRT, jumping off at Times Square, and hitting a box office - there were always single tickets available for just about any show.
    But, that's the only thing I miss about the city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy!

    You can see rednecks any day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, see you've changed the looks of your blog - nice and crisp!

    We're in Flagstaff right now; came up to the Grand Canyon for a few days to get away from 'seeing anything' that might somehow qualify us for being the vice president (or even president) of this goofy country.

    However, since we're in the midst of Indian country; live next to a Indian reservation, I would say I'm qualified to be Chief Diane or certainly be involved in Indian Affairs.

    I live in the Silver state, so I should be in charge of the monetary system. We're not too far from an old gold mine, so I guess I can handle Wall Street without much difficulty.

    They have wind farms within 90 minutes of us, so I can be in charge of energy.

    I live 3 minutes from the Colorado River; 60 minutes from Hoover Dam, so I'll take over the control of water rights and resources.

    I live about 12 miles from a man who raises cattle, so I know I can handle the bullshit department.

    My oh my, we are ALL SO QUALIFIED now - so who wants the damned job??!!??

    Maybe John McCain couldn't get anyone to be his running mate in the lower 48; sadly, he must have had to travel to no-man's land, to find some one dumb enough to join him and one who is capable of pulling the trigger if things get too tough for her.

    Take care. Diane

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...