Sunday, September 14, 2008

I See Crazy People

It's the Full Moon, everybody! Anybody?

That explains the whole of the past two days, but I didn't make the connection until driving back to the apartment this evening after work. It was huge, golden, surrounded by a light haze, and bright enough to cast shadows as I made my way in the dark.

Those in power have apparently emptied all the looney bins, allowed inmates to dress anyway they chose, told them how clever they are, laughed at their lame jokes and sent them on their way. Well, tra - fucking - la!

As if this wasn't bad enough, it's BIKE (and I don't mean Schwinn) weekend here on the Delmarva Shore. Thousands of loud, smoky Harley's bearing the weight of their loud, smoky riders whose overhanging bellies make it impossible to see the fuel tank; with their bald heads and shoulder length fringe billowing out behind them and occasionally blowing into the face of their {{{lovely}}} female companions, most of whom have asses larger than their mate's belly.

Now, how's that for a visual. Count your blessings that you didn't have to actually see it. I mean, one would think an ass crack is an ass crack, right? No! Not when a tattoo of Betty Boop is winking at you and that crack represents Betty's cleavage. Wow! Another visual!

I know that there are some well-groomed, handsome, sexy, intelligent guys who love bikes, but see, they're intelligent enough to stay clear of this crowd.

A few of the knuckle-draggers darkened our doorway today reeking of beer and weed, and feeble attempts at humor , but then I realized that this was only a taste of what is to come...Next weekend is (cue the banjo) NASCAR!!!

Yes, I may have to deal with them on Friday, but Saturday will find me spending the day in Gotham visiting friends, and for that I am truly grateful.

Dinner is warming, and a martini is calling my name. It is good to know there is a reason for what has happened in the past 48 hours.

And so it goes.
*

2 comments:

  1. i don't understand this mania for tattoos, or bikes.

    i do understand maritinis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is some interesting info in this post that I will have to follow up on one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...