Friday, September 12, 2008

Like Day after Night

What a difference.

Alas, the Laundromat that pilfered much of my money, caused much angst, and turned off the hot water - only cold water was available no matter the setting - is closed.

Surprise, surprise!!! Imagine that.

Happily, as I checked out the new Harris Teeter supermarket last week, I noticed there was a Laundromat in the same strip center. So, before shopping I stopped in to talk with the owner and check out the place.

I was impressed; the place is clean, the machines are new and state of the art and the site offers many washing/drying options.

So this morning I decided to put it to the test. When I arrived at 6:30 am there was already one person there moving his things to dryers.

I put my things in a washer, set the temperature, inserted the coins, the machine hummed into action, water flowed, and history was made. It worked as advertised.

Everything ran smoothly and the cool thing is that the digital readout let me know the washing status at any given moment; even counted down the time remaining so I would know when to get ready for the dryers. Yes, I know, it takes so little to entertain me.

The newer dryers did the job in less time and more thoroughly than the other place and even allow access to the lint traps to aid the effort. Very pleased with myself I put laundry in the car and went shopping.

Another pleasant surprise, almost everything on my list was in the weekly sale flyer and more than a few were “manager’s specials” which means I saved more than 60% on the items I needed for the week/month.

Unbelievably good fortune for a change. Later in the morning I drove into town for a walk on the beach and boardwalk. The breeze was cool, but the ocean air did wonders for the soul. Feeling much better and with the luxury of a whole afternoon and evening ahead.

There is definitely an Absinthe cocktail waiting for me. I am not working tomorrow and while I could use the hours, I'm grateful for the ability to spend part of the morning at the beach watching the sunrise.

Yes, that's Absinthe in the glass and that's a sugar cube resting atop an Absinthe spoon waiting to be dissolved.

BBFN!

And so it goes.

*

UPDATE: Absinthe was banned in the US in 1910. The ban has only recently been lifted. For y'all who don't know of Absinthe and its history go HERE.

4 comments:

  1. i have never tasted Absinthe.
    is it a type of drink (such as 'wine') or is it one particular brand of booze?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have never tasted Absinthe (although there has been little that I haven't tasted.) However, I do conjur up negative images of the use and addiction (?) to Absinthe. Ezra Pound? Something referred to in a long ago forgotten novel? Hopefully you're not beginning a peregrination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'preegrination' hmm, I haven't heard or read that word since my last spelling bee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's peregrination , damn keyboard.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...