Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Needed Break: Leonard Cohen and Judy Collins

For sanity's sake:

I am so tired of the media's hyperventilating over this non bail out situation and the Palin debacle - that they created - I think we need a breather, so; As a balm to turn off the economy doom shit I offer this video of one of my favourite songs featuring two of my favourite composers/singers.

The songs of Cohen and Collins saw me through some very dark times and they are always in my heart, mind and soul.

More later.
*

2 comments:

  1. I first fell in love with Judy Collin's music with "Both Sides Now" in the mid-60's when I was in college and I have a number of her ablums. A lot of her songs were written by Cohen.

    "Hey That's No Way to Say Goodbye" has always been one of my favorites.

    Two other of Judy's songs that haunt me are "Secret Garden" and "My Father". They both take me back to special places and people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lemuel, 'My Father' always brings tears to this day.
    'Both Sides Now' was used as part of the soundtrack of my first student film at NYU and remains one of my favourites.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...