Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hi Ho the Glamorous Life!

Oh, where to begin?

So many exciting moments – let me see if I can remember any…

May: letter received from the IRS – blah, blah, blah, and your employer didn’t pay your 2006 federal tax. Show us proof and/or pay up; or face big fines. Copies of my documents are mailed to the IRS as (I assume) requested.
(If you’ve ever received one of those letters you know what I am talking about.)

May: Nor’easter barrels up the Atlantic coast knocking down power lines and depositing a huge tree branch directly across the road blocking the way from my apartment to the main highway. When I attempt to move the branch to make way around it, my back blows out and I am in extreme pain for the next two months.

June: New York Day trip to get reacquainted with a childhood friend turns into a mind-blowing experience and one of the best days of my life.

June: Dental appt. Things are looking good. Yes!

July: Auto insurance mix-up and no human available to help clean up the misunderstanding.

July: Trip to New Orleans for 50-year Reunion of Romano Dance Group. It was absolute heaven for four days.

July: Enjoyed a good time and good food with a friend who took me out for dinner to celebrate my birthday.

July: Received a reply from the IRS asking for more information from the employer.

All relevant paperwork sent by my employer was copied and mailed to the IRS with a note saying that since I am an employee and not a contractor, if more information is required regarding this matter, please contact the employer.

August: Enjoyed a lovely evening out with two friends.

August: Insurance Company awakens and realizes their error. But, no apology is given.

August: Visited by excruciating pain in lower back that turns out to be the movement of a kidney stone. (Oh, joy!) This will be my fifth if it passes without complications.

August: after a hectic day at work I decided to take myself out for a cocktail at a --- bar. It was great fun and I felt more connected than I have in over a year.

August: IRS confirms receipt of my previous letter and writes that they will take all info into consideration; meanwhile if I think I owe the amount in question I should pay it before being slapped with late charges. Oh, and they will let me know the outcome of their investigation within 30 days. WTF?

August: Hurricane Gustav threatens the Gulf and I reach the sister as she is about to evacuate.

September: Sister and family are safe in Memphis, though she’s not a happy camper.

September: Last night. Finally pass the kidney stone and strangely happy to have captured the little fucker in a sieve for future examination.

That’s it.

So, Hi Ho the Glamorous Life.

Yeah, right.

Taxi! Drive me off this movie.

And so it goes.

*

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your life, like mine is about exciting as watching grass grow or listening to paint dry.
    What are we doing wrong? Oh, and thank you for reminding me of Glynnis Johns.

    THC

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...