Friday, July 31, 2009

The Buggy is Back...

...And lookin' fine.

The repair went smoother than anticipated, but I picked the car up a day later. Unfortunately, the shop left the "repair completed" message on the home phone and by the time I got in it was already closed. No matter. The rental company was kind enough to allow a credit for the extra day since I filled the tank before returning the car. Having only driven about 30 miles in those two days, it was a nice gesture on their part and appreciated on mine.

I will say that I was almost involved in THREE accidents (two rear-ends and one broadside) while driving the rental in those two days and I am ready for a total ban on hand held cellphone use and texting. Where do I sign?

As we all know there are people who can't walk and chew gum. There are also far too many people who cannot drive and talk or text on a cellphone. And, the last time I checked the DE operators license manual (you know, that book we have to read for the written drivers test!) still maintains that "drivers must concentrate on and be in total control of the vehicle at all times, and avoid any and ALL distractions." HA!

Blather, rinse and repeat.

It's time for a bit of Absinthe, thank you very much.

Happy to have my own wheels and ready for a super quiet day off tomorrow. Nothing to do and no place to go, just staying close to the apartment. G*d knows I can use the break.

And so it goes.
*

5 comments:

  1. people who talk on the cellphone while driving is such a hot topic to me; it burns my bacon !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why cell use in a car is against the law in Europe. You can use a headset, but as soon as you put a cell-phone to your ear, and get spotted, you get a fine.

    Enjoy your day off. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Note to self: avoid the old bat and cell phones users.
    I agree totally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing I despise more than obnoxious people yelling into their cellphones while shopping in stores. I walk out and count to ten...

    ReplyDelete
  5. People who use their cell phones while driving is one of those things that make me see RED. Where are the police? I'm glad I don't have to travel the route you do to work. I rarely see anyone on New Road except the errant fisherman hauling his boat to the dock. Thank God!

    By the way, the idiots are still blocking the intersections on Rt. 1. I thought the POO-LICE were going to put a stop to that. Where are they stopping traffic so they can let the St. Jude's parishioners out on 1?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...