Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bye-Bye Turkey, Hello Tinsel!

Do you hear what I hear?

I heard Christmas music yesterday and the Season was brought home to me then and there. It was at the local bookstore as I was purchasing a birthday day card for a co-worker, and they were playing holiday CDs.  Folks were humming along as they shopped.  A far cry from the madness of the Malls and Outlet Centers. I was surprised to hear Angela Lansbury singing "We Need a Little Christmas" from Mame.  I have always thought it a great holiday song, but no one ever played it, but me. It's really great any time of year when you feel the need for a little bit of Christmas Cheer.

I also realized that the Dos Locos annual Family and Friends party is only a week away.  The guys are going all out this year, reserving another restaurant for the evening, instead of doing all the work themselves. Should be great fun and get us all into the spirit, if you get my drift.

Have a few places to visit today to pick up a few odds and ends for the apartment, then the plan is to rest after that.  Have to find some creative way to hang pictures without a wall crashing down on me. I am sure there are options out there and I just need to find them. Then there is the search for a gift for the exchange at the party. Something non-gender specific.  Maybe, just a gift card from a local business...we'll see.

The swelling has gone down, but it's still painful to open the mouth or chew. Haven't eaten much these last few days. Soft-boiled eggs and pears are breakfast today.  I'm bracing myself for the event.

More later.
*

1 comment:

  1. We still have St Nichalos songs on the radio and in malls, but on December 6 all that will change to 'Jingle bells' and other Xmas songs.

    Glad you're feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...