Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Stoopid Never Wins

I try really hard, on a daily basis, to balance interactions with the crazies while still remaining true to my own convictions and standards.  Today was a very difficult day, but I made it through without losing control and bitch-slapping the motherf**kers into next month.

It occurred in a supermarket when a redneck picked up a copy of one of those tabloids and as they followed me around the store offering their comments on titles, stories, pictures, various quotes, I knew I was being tested.

The story is too long and sordid to tell, too full of twists and turns and more stoopid that you could shake a stick at. Let me just say that the gloating over Bush's book, Sarah Palin & Christine O'Donnell, and the elections by these mullet-haired, one-tooth-wonders (yes, they were men, or something close) was stopped cold in their tracks.

Obviously I made it out alive but, G*d, I needed a cold compress (or martini) to get over the trauma. The next encounter wiped all that from immediate memory. Chirpy, happy folks who knew me from the restaurant just had to squeal about their dining experience last night. 

Saved, again by a few sane humans who enjoy one another and life's simple pleasures.

And so it goes.
*

3 comments:

  1. mind! there are fewer and fewer sane people all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sincerely wish I could buy a couple of shares into the company that produces those boxes of Stupid! They are obviously selling like hotcakes and the profits must be enormous.

    Most days I am so happy that I am stuck at the house and that I do not have to be out among 'em! I'm afraid that I do not have your self control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unbelievable isn't it? Some of these Stoopids are so freaked out by a black president that they can't see straight. These, my friend, are called the Low Information Voters. Their hatred has blinded them enough that they vote against their own interests. What amazes me is if they get their wish and "get their country back" the way the Republicans want it, they will have ZERO social programs. The Republicans want to repeal the New Deal. Their ultimate goal is to totally eliminate taxes on the top tier, eliminate all government social programs and have what taxes that are left (preferably a VAT tax that would hit the middle and lower classes hardest) to pay for Star Wars and defense. The Stoopids are being played by the Repugs and yet they don't see it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...