Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Disturbing The Disturbed

You can't make this stuff up. Just had a conversation with my boss.

On my day off.  That speaks volumes. He never contacts me on my days off unless it's an urgent issue. However, he was befuddled.

The new scumbag partner my Ex left me for, told the locosguys my Ex is upset that I am still around, didn't leave town in shame after the nasty break-up situation, and therefore disturbing for the Ex.  Says they won't dine in the restaurant as long as I am working there. Such nerve! 

The boss explained that I am, and would be, professional in every way and that they shouldn't care about the past. He said that I was doing well personally, had moved on, was an asset to the business and that he was sorry about their choice to stay away. But, that it was their choice. These words seemed to annoy the scumbag new partner, no end. The boss told me that it sounded an awful lot like guilt to him.  He was right on the mark.

I've seen my Ex on the street, in stores, parking lots, and whenever he sees me he runs in the opposite direction or leaves as quickly as possible. When I saw him in the wine store last week, he actually ducked behind a display to avoid me.  I. Am. Not. Joking.   Disturbing to the already Disturbed?  Not my problem.

Guilt = the gift that keeps on giving.

I have no plans, nor reason, to leave this place, or this job.   OK, maybe for a short holiday.

And so it goes.
*

6 comments:

  1. Sad .... Dealt with the same thing but in my case it was "outing" me to my boss at the time. Your Ex just hates to see you happy !

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, you are an asset to the Two Crazy Guys. They know it and everyone else does, including your Ex and the partner. They know it and it drives them crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that you are dealing with all that drama. I couldn't handle it. m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just the nerve to step up to the owners and say a thing like that.

    Luckily there are other places to eat in your neck of the woods.

    They could start at JD's Filling Station! That way they don't see you, and the two locos still cash in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @3rdnlong: We're talking 30 years together here. And, you're right.

    @Ron: I just AM. No more, no less.

    @Mark: There is nothing to handle. I have nothing to hide. It's on his soul. Frankly I wish it would finally end.

    @Peter: You make a great point. They do frequent JD's. Just one thing, I have been known to drop by for breakfast, too. No safe place for him there, either.

    Thanks for the comments and visits, guys. You're the best.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...