Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pride, Rain, Tony Bennett & The (Gaga) Tramp

It was PRIDE day here. Rain, cold temperatures, gusty winds off the ocean, and negative attitudes left me feeling less than proud of my community.  Dealt with some of the nastiest dykes and queans ever encountered.  Like it was our fault the weather was crappy!!!

The restaurant was slammed as a result of the weather and bitchy harpies of the rainbow (both genders) were a large part of the crowd. The bar was packed, the dining room too, there was a half hour wait for tables by 1 pm.  Though I have no control over the bar, they bitched because there were no seats at the bar.  Not. My. Department.

I smiled. I smiled.  And I smiled.  I even shrugged a few times. They were not going to wear me down.  No.  F**king. Way.

Eight servers and 3 bartenders, so there was enough on my plate.  The kitchen performed well and there should have been no complaints - but there were...can you guess from where?  Oh, you are so good!

I finally logged out an hour after my scheduled time. Chose not to stay for an AS cocktail and walked home in the rain. The steady beat of rain calmed me down on the way.

Out of wet clothes and into a dry martini, I find this bit of lovely waiting for me from a friend. What a pick-me-up!  Of course, I love Tony, but was pleasantly surprised at the quality of GaGa's voice.  She has the clear smooth pipes of a big band singer. The Lady is a Tramp is one of my all-time faves. Yes, it's a bit kitchy, but they pull it off in style and the arrangement is a knock-out. They are clearly having fun (some of it sounds like improv) on this recording. I hope they do this one live, some day.  Maybe Tony will win one more Grammy and this will be it.

What do you think?

And so it goes.
*

2 comments:

  1. Not a fan of GaGa but I have to say that I enjoyed this.
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So those dykes were as mad as a wet hen...er dyke because you didn't provide them with SUNNY WEATHER? I get the same thing at the hotel but not the Dykeroonies. Believe it or not an occasional guest wants their money back when it rains during their stay. Unbelievable. I have to explain to them that we don't control the weather and we still have to pay the housekeepers to clean their room that they USED. DUH.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...