Saturday, September 3, 2011

Labor Day 2011 - Day Two

Was pretty much a carbon copy (does anyone know what that means, anymore?) of what yesterday delivered. More of the same great weather, same smiles, same beach-goers - before and after beaching it - and even more diners.

Some regulars (one of my handsome straight men) returned, expressing concern about our situation during last week's hurricane.  I got hugs from them all, including a big bear hug from my handsome fantasy man.  Sigh!  He looks a lot like a slightly older  Matthew McConnaughey with searing blue eyes.

Sadly, no walk on the boardwalk this morning because the kitchen staff had to arrive early to prepare massive quantities of Guacamole and Salsa, as well as their regular prep duties.

 I will miss the walk again tomorrow because I have to be at work by 7:30 to prep for the 9 am Brunch.  Aside from a few other reservations, there is one for a party of 14 celebrating with a surprise birthday party for a regular customer at 10:15am. 

The birthday girl (she'd kill me if she read that) is a friend from my previous life, and we were asked to do our best to humiliate the hell out of her. We're on it.  It's her 65th birthday!

I was invited out for cocktails following my shift tomorrow, but I don't know what time I will be set free, and not interested in going out to another busy spot during a holiday weekend - the busiest of the season. I think I'll have to pass.

And so it goes.
*

2 comments:

  1. Just what does "carbon copy" mean anyway? I often hear it referred to. Does it have something to do with one's DNA? I don't get the connection. Explain please.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...