Friday, September 2, 2011

Labor Day 2011 - Day One

I love living at the beach and this photo is what my apartment would look like were it 'beach-front' property. (click to embiggen) Octopus not included, of course. Yes, it's a nice life.

There was a line of people waiting to buy pastries and coffee at the bakery beginning at 6:30 am.

My walk on the boardwalk was met with smiles and many a "good morning" from locals and visitors alike. (Even a few from the previous life!)

Town was buzzing by 8 am with people doing breakfast, packing coolers for the beach, and strolling with pets or biking around town.

Perfect weather forecast.  Going to remain in the upper 70s F for the day.  Heaven!

A festive atmosphere created by festive people made the work day special. Everything ran like clockwork and the transition to dinner went smoothly.

The AS cocktail of Bombay Sapphire with 2 olives was most appreciated and as I walked home strangers in autos in search of parking waved and smiled.  That was a bit unnerving, to tell the truth.

A near perfect day had I not fallen on my face on the wet dining room floor this morning.  Fortunately, graceful as I am (Ahem!) landing on all-fours, elbows and knees, which I am sure will cause back pain tomorrow.  Oh well. 

Still, a day to remember.

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. Be careful with those falls. I still haven't fully recovered my fall months ago at the entrance to the American Legion Post 28 in Millsboro. Coincidence we were there again this morning. I am ever so careful now when walking in, I can't take another one of those falls.
    Enjoy the Last Big Weekend In Town! I'm staying away until they all go home. Thank you folks for the business now goodbye.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...