Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Battle I Face


If you click the image to embiggen you will see that the film has aged badly, has reticulated (quite visible in the sky behind me) and colours have gone muddy. Ektachrome film. I like the picture and I guess I saved it in the nick of time, as we say. (Yes, it's Paris.)


The image above was shot a decade earlier yet shows none of the damage of the top shot.  Again, Ektachrome film. Yes, you may click to embiggen. (Lambertville, New Jersey shot across the Delaware River from New Hope, Pennsylvania.)

I'm making progress - slowly - and every day I have new images to see that trigger memories of happy times in years gone by.  However, some are leaving me befuddled as I cannot remember the exact location of the shot; the only references are the date stamps on all Kodak processed film.  Bless them for that.  All in all, the film processed in Kodak labs has held up far better than those done by local or department store labs.

Back to the battle, 'er fun.  It IS fun, too.

And so it goes.
*

4 comments:

  1. I love these old images and I'm glad that you shared them.
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Isn't it fun to rediscover old memories through long ago photos? I love it! I'm going through my Mother's things now and finding some real gems. However, most of the photos aren't interesting because they are of my father's dog and numerous scenes of cornfields and distance shots of indistinguishable landscapes. A photographer, my pop was not. My Mother wasn't a photographer either. In fact I don't ever remember her taking a camera in her hand and taking a picture. So I don't know who took the "gems" I'm finding but I am appreciative that I was able to rescue them from oblivion. Enjoy your hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always seem to find the oddest things to photograph when you travel anywhere. Who would have thought to compose a shot in the car-park beneath the Eiffel Tower?
    The aging process of these memories is sad, but at least you have saved them from oblivion. And for that you should be grateful.

    WP

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...