Friday, December 30, 2011

Ella & Armstrong: This Evening's Treat

Finished day 5 of the 8-day work-a-thon and though everyone has been in great spirits, I was feeling the strain. The back, hands, shoulders all ache after the day's work.We served over 150 people at lunch today. Tonight I shared my AS cocktail with a co-worker (who was equally exhausted) who has to attend a dinner party this evening. I wished him well.

I came home, made another cocktail as I prepared the evening meal, and put Louis Armstrong & Ella Fitzgerald's recording of Porgy & Bess on the CD player. After supper I relaxed, closed my eyes and listened to it again, I feel better for the experience. This recording was made in the late 50s and one of the first to be recorded in 'stereo' - I had the original on vinyl (lost to my previous life) but was able to find a reissue of it on a CD a couple of years ago.

Give a listen and tell me how you feel afterwards.
Tomorrow is the BIG day.  Beaucoup reservations, even for lunch, and the evening is totally booked. I am grateful that I will not be working tomorrow night.

And so it goes.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...