Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Loco Christmas Eve Day

Well, the experiment wasn't a dismal failure, but the locosguys won't be opening next Christmas eve - even for lunch. As you can see Darryl (right) and I (left) were elves of the day - he ran the bar and I took care of the dining room. And that's Joe in the middle (a rose between 2 thorns, he said) with the big red bow.  (Click the image to embiggen, if you wish.)  Although the diehard customers brought good cheer to the day, it wasn't what one would call a success.  A lot of work, kitchen staff, front end staff and bar.

God knows we worked hard enough to make it happen.  I posted ads every day on various networks. Newspaper sites were included and received phone calls about the day's specials.  Didn't seem to be enough.

Still, I was pleasantly surprised by Joe's mom who decided to make perogies for those of us who love them and can't get them here.  She loves to make them and does so 2 or 3 times a year.  It's a lot of time consuming hard work, but she says that she enjoys the process, when the urge strikes her.  I hope it strikes again around Easter next year.

It's past my bedtime, so I'll wish you all a Happy Christmas and shutdown this monster.

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. Days late I know but the thought of perogies brought a smile to my face and now I have been craving them ever since. There is an old polish market north of the city I need to go to this week. My grandmother used to make them at christmas, easter and my birthday at my request when I was younger. That and fresca still today after all these years brings back the memory of sitting at her kitchen table.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...