Sunday, December 11, 2011

Me and My Tarot...

Reunited after all these years. What a great holiday gift.

There are still large Rubbermaid Tubs containing various items of seasonal clothing stacked in the walk-in closet and as I rummaged through one this evening I found my 2 fave Tarot Decks.  In my previous life they were to be destroyed, so I suppose that is why they were hidden all these years.  During those blurry, whirlwind years, I had forgotten about them entirely - Cortisone can do that to one - and now I am so pleasantly surprised I can't stand it.

The breakup happened 6 years ago and I had not used them for years before that, so there is a lot to catch up on.  It's a long sordid story that I would rather not remember or relate.  Leave it.

This is the Thoth Deck designed by Aleister Crowley. He initially designed them as illustrations for "The Book of Thoth" here are more samples of their beauty, though even a high quality scan doesn't do them justice.

The Devil.

Six of Cups.
 
The Fool.

The Hanged Man

The Priestess.
 I have much to re-learn during these cold winter months. Words cannot describe how I am feeling right now.

And so it goes.
*

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful designs on the cards. Dr Spo pulled my cards some years ago but I still don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy seeing tarot deck designs.

    BTW - I have not forgotten you shirt. After christmas I promise to get cracking .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful designs. On tarot cards,yet.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...