Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Present

 And I don't mean a Gift.
It's Christmas morning. Overnight the temperature dropped like a rock to 28' F. Everything is quiet and peaceful. And I cannot get into the spirit.  I have lost my HO-HOs this year. 

There is no there, there, if you get my drift. As I read a few blogs this morning I found that I am not alone.  Many are struggling just to get through the weekend in one piece. Most want it all to go away.  I consider myself in this last group.

There are many circumstances involved: job instability, broken relationships, high debt, poor health, work-related drama, and low energy for dealing with it all. The real kicker is that there is no immediate resolution to these issues, waiting it out, wading through it, while the only option available, isn't a joyful experience.

Last week I was sort-of invited to someone's house for dinner today and they promised to call with the time to arrive. No call has come.  This has happened before. People get caught up in the festivities and forget to call.  I hear this is common when one is single. So, there it is.

No matter.  I'd prefer to be on my own today and just do something fun for myself, maybe take a walk around town before preparing my own supper this evening.

Still, I have a roof over my head, food to eat, a job I love and even if I'm not in great health, I am grateful for what I have.  I believe that counts as something.

Whatever you're doing this day, I wish you whatever you wish for yourself.

And so it goes.
*

4 comments:

  1. I want to thank you for stopping by my blog and offering your wishes. I came often over here in the past few months but rarely left a comment. I wanted to reply to you by email but couldn't find an address so I guess I'll have to do it here.

    One of the best Christmases I had was the first one I spend all alone. I was sick and tired of the same old routine of going at one of my aunts where we'd just sit there and blablabla for a couple of hours then have dinner (always the same dinner) and spend the rest of the evening, some playing cards and some watching the hockey game on tv. Yuk!

    So, some time in my early 20's, I decided to stay home. I prepared myself a nice dinner, lighted up candles all around the house and ate while listning to music. I loved it.

    One year, my mother was ill and couldn't go at my aunt's. So she stayed home and asked me to do exactly as if I was alone. She loved it so much that afterward, she never wanted to go at her sister-and-law. (She seperated from my dad shortly after. LOL)

    I do have the Christmas spirit but it has nothing to do with what Hollywood and shopping malls are trying to shove down our throats. For me, it's about finding a peaceful place within me and if possible, sharing it with someone.

    And to reply to what you said on my blog, yes, we must keep hope but hope is nothing without a little bit of faith (and I'm NOT talking religion here). Faith in ourselves, faith in knowing we can solve any issues that may appear on our way. Faith as opposed to fear!

    But I'm the first one to admit that this is easier to say than to do! ;)

    Be well
    Hugs
    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jon: I agree. Old and toxic traditions can cause great pain and stress with no real sense of purpose or love being a part.

    Thanks for this wonderful comment and note that I have replied in an email, so now you have that, too.

    Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What does the "Annie" song say? "Tomorrow, tomorrow" will be a better day. And it will. My best wishes to you for a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ron: I don't live for tomorrow, I live for today. Tomorrow isn't here yet, and I may not live to see it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...