Thursday, March 22, 2012

An 'In The Closet' Idea

Came across this today and thought it would be a perfect solution for my one walk-in closet situation. Forget the suits, and probably the books, but this would solve many headaches for storage and add additional space for daily preparations for work. (Click the image to embiggen.)

The shelf space shown here is similar in size to my space and could easily house storage crates of seasonal items as well as accessories and odds and ends from electronics to hats, gloves, scarves, and personal grooming supplies, as in shoe and leather care products; and fun campy stuff (whatever that is!) like beads, boas, and bells of one kind or another.  You get the drift.

It could easily be adapted to suit my needs and when I leave here (either in a casket or to a nursing home) the next tenant will have a useful, private grooming space - and so I will have left something behind for use by someone else in the future.

Seriously, I live in a very tiny apartment and need to find creative ways to solve storage issues.  Suggestions, additional ideas, and comments are welcome, of course.

Oh, and if you know of, and used anyone who does this kind of work, I'd appreciate their information.

And so it goes.
*

2 comments:

  1. Now that's a Closet I'd never come Out of!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Works quite well. I got a tall unit from target and just adjust the shelves to what I need and hang every thing else up. No dresser in the bedroom created extra space. Now with a rectangular closet my sister took a 2 dressers with all the drawers out, double stacked them and has the same effect.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...