Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Shock, A Surprise, & The Stoopid

Holy Crap!  Daylight Savings Time kicks in this weekend...WTF?  How'dat happen? OK, let the whining begin.  "I lose an hour of sleep and won't get it back until October."

Truth is, I like the idea of an early sunrise. (Stop, don't yell or groan) I get to take morning walks on the boards again before going to work. The fresh air, sound of the ocean, and all that. Makes me feel that life's got a purpose - whatever it may be. 

Spent the early part of the day running errands, cleaning, and pressing slacks and shirts for work.  By mid-afternoon I needed to get out of the house, so I took a walk down to the beach and sat on a bench for a while just taking in the salt air and sounds of the gulls and waves. The sky was clear and the temperature was a balmy 66'F. Most of the stores remain closed on weekdays, so I couldn't stop in to say 'hi' or browse at bit.  That will change in April (or before) if this weather continues to cooperate.

Walked over the "Touch of Italy" in hopes of picking up the ingredients for a Muffulleta sandwich, but they were closed, too. Last week (using the new food processor) I whipped up the Muffulleta olive salad necessary for the sandwich. It has been 8 days, should be well blended, and I was in the mood for a sandwich today.  Didn't happen.

So I continued my walk and eventually made it back home to find a package on the porch. I didn't order anything.  Then I looked at the name it was addressed to; it turned out to be the person who moved out before I moved in.  Apparently he ordered items online but didn't update his address information.  The stoopid - it burns.

I called UPS to tell them about the package and they were bewildered; didn't know what to do. So, I called Amazon and presented them with the situation. At first they were as befuddled as UPS, but then they caught on; contacted the idiot, called me to tell me that UPS would pick up the package tomorrow and to just leave it on the porch.

Anyone who shops online knows that you're asked to confirm your billing and shipping address information with each order at least 3 times during the checkout process. How anyone could ignore this is just a mystery.

Dinner is in the oven, (trying an old recipe scribbled on scrap paper, so it must have been good!) olives await, and I am ready to get back to work tomorrow.

And so it goes.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...