Thursday, May 10, 2012

Netgear, Network, & New Toy

The Netgear router was on the porch when I arrived last evening, and though I was apprehensive about my skills to set it up, I took off the work drag and wrestled it to the floor, trying not to injure the back crawling around.  This means I got it connected to the Intertubes on the third try. Actually, it makes browsing much faster than before.  How that happens I haven't a clue.

Pleased with myself - for not burning the house down or causing an electrical fire - I sat down with a couple of olives. Then on the spur of the moment, I knew what I had to do.  I had to give it a test run with a real, honest-to-G*d, wireless device.  An excuse, maybe, but I did it. Blame Staples or my co-workers who insisted this was the one for me. I think they were right.

I am the proud owner of the Kindle Fire you see here. Setting up was a little bit of a challenge with my fat fingers on the small keypad, but I got it done and downloaded 3 free books.  It is a Birthday gift, so there is no 'buyer's remorse' here.  I deserve a gift.

By the time I came up for air it was almost an hour past my bedtime and I hadn't taken the evening meds yet. Letting the Kindle charge, I went to bed. Sleep was illusive. I picked up the Kindle and just played around for a while longer.

Needless to say, I am paying the price this morning.  Hell, I'll live!  Besides, those books won't read themselves, somebody has to do it.

Happy Birthday (2 months early) to Me!

More later.
*

4 comments:

  1. The best Birthday Presents can be when you treat yourself. I would have never thought I would be an "applehead" but now a year and half after getting the original Ipad I rarely pick up a book, magazine or even newspaper and I read alot more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Roger: Turns out it was *really* a gift from a friend/co-worker. It was a set-up (brilliant one, I might add) and I fell for it. Still, I am grateful for their nudging input, as well as the effort to pull off the charade without my knowledge. I love the Kindle Fire, so they were right.

    @Will J: Are you proud that I didn't cause a fire, that I set up the router, got the Kindle, or is your comment just tongue in cheek? Either way, I thank you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am proud that you achieved all this without having secondary incidents that involved blood, smoke or lots of additional money. At my house we have just completed the Springtime Festival of Breaking Things (car, printer etc) and are thankful that no smoke or blood sacrifice was necessary.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...