Friday, January 25, 2013

Amazing Video: Dolphin "Asks" Divers for Help.

It appears that my home Internet connection is slowing down (thank you Verizon, you scum.) particularly when streaming or downloading films and YouTube videos, so I asked a friend at work about the problem.  I have a clean system, I am told, by my virus scanning software, so I picked his brain to see if anything else might be the culprit.  Off-hand, he came up with nothing. So, not actually seeing the PC he suggested that I install the YouTube app for Kindle to check for a speed difference.  If there is one, then there is dirty work afoot in the PC's innards.

I came home (the snow was just beginning to fall), figured out how to install the YT app, and came up with the most extraordinary list of newly released videos.  A screen I had never seen before. The first title caught my eye straight away. It was shot 2 weeks ago and I think the title tells it all.This is a long way around the block in introducing this video, but it was a valid reason.  I wouldn't have found this gem otherwise. 

I have always had a love for dolphins and having read a number of books about their intelligence, including Dr. John C. Lilly's work, this little video episode doesn't surprise me. Yes, I cried. So there. Enjoy this bit of wonderful.



My grandfather was saved by a dolphin when his boat capsized in the Gulf of Mexico.  The dolphin relentlessly pushed and nudged the exhausted fisherman toward shore. When he got to a marshy area where he could touch bottom, the dolphin made a sound and returned to the open waters.  True story. This reminded me of his encounter when I was a small child.

And so it goes.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...