Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day Dark and Drear & Cheerful Blog Posts




A steady rainfall since yesterday and all plans for the days off have washed away, so to say. Not up to doing chores on my to-do list, so I've read a bit, listened to music, cooked up a few artichokes for salad, and settled down to enjoy blogs that I read pretty regularly.  I may not comment on particular posts, but I enjoy the reads nonetheless.
Peter is home from hospital and on the mend following successful surgery. Snoopy Happy Dance!

Mark and his spouse are having issues over electric heaters.  Don't ask. Funny, though.

Ron is recovering from the demon disease spreading throughout the country, and having visited his past, is enthralled by the discovery of an actor he knew nothing about. We learn something new every day, right?

Anne Marie is dancing her tits off at her Saturday Night Dance Party. Making me feel very old, too.

John presents various opinions in the "heated debate" over Jodie Foster's GG speech. Yawn.

Urspo is weighing the potential benefits of a bit of booze deprivation before vacation. Made me giggle, too.

Cubby, in true gay fashion, is cooking up some fab appetizers for a work potluck. After all, what is life without bacon?

Jeep Guy continues his weekly TMI questionnaire with "WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER?" Where does he come up with these things???

3rdnlong is pissed about the safety seals on jars and bottles that are more trouble to remove than a plaster cast. I know his pain.
I hope to meet a few of these bloggers in March when Ron hosts a Meet-Up dinner party.  He's really good at organizing these events. His family reunions are legendary, joyful events.

And so, I continue to watch (and listen to) the rain fall, being grateful for cheerful posts, and that it isn't cold enough to turn that rain to snow.

Plan to view a couple of documentaries after supper this evening presented by handsome historian Michael Wood of the BBC. For some reason, I think I met him back in the 70s in NYC at the Hayden Planetarium, but memories play tricks at times, don't they.  He looks awfully familiar to me.

Still holding out hope that I may have the good fortune to join a few customers/friends on a 10-day Caribbean cruise in March.  The cruise line told me that I may be allowed a stateroom alone, if I pay 1.5 of the usual 2-person occupancy rate.  This may be a way to make it happen. The only kink is that this rate may not be available if the cruise is close to being sold out.  It is what it is and if it's going to happen, it will happen.

Update that made my day:  Just received a phone call from a chap at Nielsen's - the TV ratings company.  Right out of the box there was dead silence as I answered the first questions on his survey:  Q. What sort of TV service do you subscribe to?  A.  I don't subscribe to any TV service. (Long pause) Q. Do you use an indoor antenna? A. No. I don't watch Television. (Very long pause) "Um, thank you for your time."  Sometimes answering the land line can be so rewarding.  Just sayin'.

Note: I didn't link to the blogs above, but if you want them, I'll take care of it.  Just let me know in comments.

And so it goes.

*

4 comments:

  1. "Anne Marie is dancing her tits off at her Saturday Night Dance Party. Making me feel very old, too."

    hell, I think you and I are the same age. I ain't old, and neither are you! dance YOUR tits off too!

    and yes, we WILL meet in march AND have jolly good fun, as spo says. drinking, dancing, eating, friendship - what's NOT to love?

    smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this post made me feel like I was in a big group hug :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been humming "rainy days and mondays" for days .....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get a chance to take that cruise. My boss is now in Australia and New Zealand for this month. Last year it was Thailand. Year before Argentina. Always nice to get away. Do it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...