Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Shopping and Singing in the Rain

It had to be done.  The shopping, that is.  So, off I went with the latest Pet Shop Boys "Elysium"  playing, in rain even heavier than the storms yesterday. And I got wet, big deal.  At least it couldn't ruin my hairdo! If you get my drift.

Blueberries were BOGOF and I couldn't resist. Olives too, were at a low price, so I stocked up.  One can never have too many olives around the house. Now I am loaded for bear.

It was decided by popular vote that the to-do list would remain just that, a list until next week, or whenever I get around to it, or if something becomes an emergency. I didn't pick up the dry cleaning as it would have been a soggy mess by the time I wrestled it indoors.  I can pick it up any morning before work (they open at 7 AM) when the weather finally clears.

Besides, the flu must be getting worse, next to the keypad at every checkout I hit today was a large bottle of Hand Sanitizer. I don't want to deal with the flu.  Not a good way to start the new year.

Purchased a pot roast and will likely spend part of the afternoon working on that.  Makes the place smell like home and it's been a while since I made one. Pot roast, roasted baby red potatoes and a salad sound like good old winter comfort food to me, so that's all there is on the gay agenda today.  By the time it's done it will be cocktail hour.  Yay for me!!!

And so it goes.
*

2 comments:

  1. "At least it couldn't ruin my hairdo! If you get my drift." - bwhahahahaha! you COULD get one of those plastic rainhats from the dollar store; old lady chic style!

    ummmmmmmmmmmm, pot roast...what time is dinner ready?

    PS - word is "citigin"; GIN; my fave spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wipe everything down when you go out. You DO NOT WANT this flu. I'm on my fourth week of dry, hacking coughs and feeling exhausted. Bill is in his second week. Believe me, you DON'T WANT THIS. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...