Friday, October 12, 2007

Autumn Has Arrived, Finally!

Today is simply beautiful. I am off work until Sunday and plan to enjoy these great fall temperatures.

Right off the bat the DirecTV receiver was installed in my place this morning so now I have more channels than I know what to do with and some I have never heard of before. One happy surprise is that the package includes the LOGO channel. There is also a channel devoted to learning all about the service and tutorials teaching how to program and use the Remote. This I need, trust me. I hate having more than one remote and trying to figure out which one does what, and in which order they are to be used. Anyway, after the chores are done, and after a haircut and shower, I’ll sit down and get educated about the service.

Unfortunately, there are no local channels and no PBS (sigh!) but there are a few history channels, a bunch of news channels, and even the Comedy Channel. I think this winter will be a happy one. At least better than last year. Back among the living.

Everyone seemed to be in high spirits this morning as I ran errands making the time go by faster and with unexpected joy.

I brought the film camera with me so I went for a long walk on the beach and took a few pictures to send to my sister in NOLA. I've been promising some for months, but haven't had the time until today. And what a day! The entire weekend is supposed to be just like today. Yum!

More later.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...