Thursday, October 4, 2007

I Live On The Marshes!

Woke this morning with the humidity in the apartment so thick it was almost chewable. I could hardly get a full breath of air. I left all the windows open overnight and I live on the marshes. Uncomfortable as that was, there was also a heavy fog hanging over everything and as I left the house there was a fine mist in the warm air. It was 72’ degrees at 6 a.m., and those conditions made driving difficult.

I live on the marshes.

As I drove into town the sun just didn’t seem to want to make an appearance. Heavy, dark clouds blocked anything that might hint of a sunrise.

My visit to the post office and ultimately the beach was an eerie experience. The ocean was veiled in fog and mist. I didn’t stay long.

The fog became heavier as the morning progressed to the point that driving became dangerous and I could not see anything beyond 5 feet ahead of me. I drove to work and began setting up the store. The fog became so heavy that it was difficult to see cars in the parking lot. The radio announced that schools, businesses, colleges were all opening late due to the weather conditions.

Then finally, as afternoon approached and the sun strained to break through the gloom, the fog burned away and the humidity dropped and the wind picked up. By the time I hit the road for home this evening, the temp was 82’ and the humidity had dropped significantly.

When I arrived home this evening however, the apartment was a blistering 90’ and I had to crank up the AC to cool it down and dry it out.

Oh, and I live on the marshes.

Indian Summer?

Maybe.

I can only hope.

I am not looking forward to winter and I hope this weather lasts a very long time. It won't, and I know that, but I will enjoy it while it's with us.

More later.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...