Sunday, October 14, 2007

Some Observations

I’ve been off work since Wednesday, and have pretty much stayed around the apt doing cleaning, installing software on the new box, and other chores.

The DirecTV service was installed two days ago and I’ve also done a bit of TV viewing from time to time.

Not having seen anything on the tube other than movies in many months I was surprised by the sheer numbers of commercials that turn a 90 minute film into a two-hour chunk of TV time. And pretty much the same commercials over and over and over ad nauseum. Male enhancement aids lead the pack on virtually all channels I’ve watched so far, with the exception of the Science and National Geographic channels.

And…Verizon must have already sold my phone number to telemarketers because I’ve received 4 or 5 calls a day and even one so far this morning. So I got online and signed up on the “don’t call” list. I hope that will stop these people that seem to have no specific time to make their calls. The one this morning came in at 7:45! On Sunday. Jeez!

More later.

*

1 comment:

  1. Those telemarketers? They just want your money. Share the wealth.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...