Monday, October 8, 2007

Season? What Season?

OK, the calendar says it's October - leaves changing, cool temps and low humidity, and brisk Autumn winds, right? Not so here.

The temps over the weekend were in the upper 80's with fog and high humidity and folks who ought to have been shopping for Halloween candy, costumes,and pumpkins were lying on the beach. The nerve!

Today it felt more like July than October, again. It was 89' as I drove home from work this evening. Unbelievable!

While I am not looking forward to winter, I would appreciate a bit of brisk fall air to herald the new season and get me into the mood to make soups and breads. I downloaded a bunch of crock-pot recipes specifically for this season and I would love the chance to cook them and smell up the place.

There is nothing better than the smells of baking and cooking on the cold nights of Autumn.

More later.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...