Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloween? It's Not For Me.

Maybe it’s because I am from NOLA (and well, how much more Halloween can one get?) with voodoo, black candles, and all that, but I’ve never really gotten into the spirit (so to say) of the holiday. Oh sure, as a kid I did the usual rounds of the neighborhood in costume reaping the rewards of candy, fruit and sometimes bags of local pecans. Yum.

But, when I saw the cover of this issue, I knew why I have never been too enthralled. It’s enough to make you, well, you know. The Lord of Darkness has never been so frightening.

There are hayrides, spooky trail tours happening, and where I live on the marshes, I could put together a wicked (sorry) late night, scary tour of my own. Sadly, I don’t own the place and because I am not that into Halloween, I will skip the ghoulish festivities.

More later.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...