Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Back Among the Living

Back in the panic stricken, dark days of July as we were sitting down to sign the lease on this lovely little apartment, my landlady kindly offered to order an extra DirectTV box for me. Since my TV was in storage and my brain at the time was the consistency of cotton candy, I replied “maybe later, after some down time to heal” so she smiled and assured me that she understood completely, but the offer was there.

She mentioned it again in passing over the summer, but I was content to watch videos and DVDs when I needed to escape or relax.

Well, with October here and the autumn chill in the air, I thought it was time to take her up on the offer. So on Monday evening I expressed interest saying that I was ready to be “back among the living.”

Now I am not a big TV fan, but there are channels that I think I will enjoy viewing from time to time. National Geographic, History, Discovery, and (my landlady insists) some cooking channel.

This afternoon I received an email from her that the box will be connected next week. The apartment is already wired so it will be an easy install. She set up the installation for my day off so I would be here to sign off on the work order.

I am grateful and feeling very blessed this evening.

More later.

*

1 comment:

  1. MSNBC (356)has the best shows. Chris Matthews, Tucker Carlson, Keith Obermann and that hottie Dan Abrams. For humor catch "The Comedy Show" with Jon Stewart on 249. Larry King on CNN (202) has an occasional good guest. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...