Sunday, October 21, 2007

An Inconvenient Truth

It's been "An Inconvenient Truth" weekend around here.

Let me explain. You see the film didn't play at our local MultiPlex very long, so I only got to see it once in the theater. It's not the sort of fare the owners believe will make them money. Documentaries in the past have not been blockbusters. Although that changed with Fahrenheit 911, they're still a hard sell here. In fact, I've never heard of half the films now playing here.

Anyway, now that I am blessed with DirecTV I have access to a number of movie channels and one of them is running An Inconvenient Truth this weekend so I've had the opportunity to see it twice and I am amazed at how much I missed at the first viewing. It's a powerful film and an indictment of the current mis-administration. If you haven't seen it yet, try renting it and see for yourself.

I've spent some time over at the website touted in the film and I urge you to go there and learn how you can make a difference. It's at www.climatecrisis.net

More later.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...