Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Funeral: Part Two...

I can't believe it. Yet, it happened.

The new PC that I purchased on Sunday and spent the entire afternoon and evening downloading VISTA updates, drivers etc. and installing the software I need for work - died on Monday.

Am I a lucky S. O. B., or what?

When I tried to boot up on Monday evening after work, nothing happened, although the "on light" remained on the disk wouldn't boot the system. I tried again this morning before leaving for work, but it was no use.

So, I packed up everything and took it back after work this evening. It was checked out and while it did boot up, it was doing some bizarre things and since the technician knew more about VISTA than I, (which was nothing) when he said "I'm not sending you home with this one again. Let's find something else." I was a very happy camper.

So, I found a small footprint PC with a faster CPU and the same memory and hard drive as the other one - and it was a hundred dollars less. Yay! for me..

As soon as I arrived home I got it out of the box, made all connections and cranked it up. The experience was totally different from the other machine. The sound worked immediately, the drivers all installed without a hitch and I was able to get online and download the necessary VISTA updates in a short time. (I am a pro at this crap now!) Just my wonderful luck to get the one cpu that is faulty.

So, I am back online now and will spend the rest of the evening installing software and listening to Mozart. He calms me down.

More later.
*

2 comments:

  1. Just incredible! Who has your luck? You have to get out from under that black cloud that is constantly following you around. Sometime, someplace your luck has to turn around. You must have done something really awful to have all this bad karma rain down on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! that's quite a story. How you didn't just give it up is amazing. You have far more patience than me.
    You have got to be a monk in your next life.
    Staying focused through this storm must be worth something in the next life.
    Good on ya.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...