Friday, December 26, 2008

Hallelujah and Good-Bye to 2008

Long and tiring day. Very busy at work; though most people were in good spirits.

OK, a customer's cell phone rang (?) to the ring tone of the Hallelujah Chorus and in my twisted mind I remembered a wonderful disco version of this piece that - though it wasn't credited as such - was likely performed by the Sal Soul Orchestra. As soon as I got back to the apartment I did a youtube search and, here it is. This recording is much faster than I remember, but that' probably because there used to be variable speed turntables back in the day. I had this 12" single, but it was lost in the settlement.
NOTE: It's recorded flat, so you may want to crank up the treble and bass to enjoy.


Oh, the memories; 12 West, Flamingo, TruckStop, and Chameleon. (Sigh)A great time.

And so it goes.

*

4 comments:

  1. Cajun, have you seen - or are you planning to see - the new Brad Pitt movie, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"? Much of it was shot in New Orleans when I was still living there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE,
    If it ever gets here I will most certainly see it, though not a Pitt fan, the story reminds me of a Broadway flop with a similar story line - living backwards.
    MILK has only arrived this week and will probably not hang around very long, so I hope to see it next week.
    Thanks for stopping by, it's good to hear from you.
    Holiday and New Year Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has a Key West Flavor for me - how nice as I dream of my upcoming holiday next month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stop by from time to time, but I'm horrible at commenting - more of a blurker. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...