Monday, December 22, 2008

A Not-so-Random Day

Despite high winds kicking up overnight plunging temperatures to single digits this morning, I made it to the laundromat (teeth chattering all the way!) early enough to get the deed done in time for my doctor appointment (a follow up to my adventures in the ER last month) whose office happens to be less than a mile down the same road.

The Dr. discussed the recent blood work, the new (lower cost) high blood pressure medication and the fractured vertebrae. Organs are OK and overall cholesterol is down a notch.

Not much good news to make my day, but the new BP med is doing the trick, and my numbers are back in the normal range again, but only just.

I was told to lay off using salt, which is no big whoop for me anyway, and he prescribed a physical therapy program to strengthen the back. That luxury isn’t going to happen any time soon; it’s not in the budget.

Peaceful weekend came to an interesting finale when I attended a Hanukkah Latke party last evening. Being in the company of people I haven’t seen in a long time was a joy and bona fide spirits booster. To document the event there may be a photo-post in the near future.

I’m ready to get back to work for the next two days – then off Christmas – and work again through the weekend.

Things could be worse, but they could be better, too. I’ll not complain and go with the former.

And so it goes.

*

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it was bitter cold! Happy to read of the beneficial effect of the newer bp meds - especially at lower cost. I understand the "ain't gonna happen" on the therapy. Those who prescribe such things are usually not working with our pocketbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for laying off the sodium
    We get too much of the damn stuff already.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...