Sunday, December 7, 2008

Revelation and Joy.

I have been so distracted and at wits end with the lower back pain these past weeks that it didn’t occur to me until tonight that I was fortunate enough to receive Peter’s surprise present on Saint Nicholas’ Eve (Friday, December 5th) since I remember reading one Peter’s wonderful posts relating to the holiday. Of course, it was pure happenstance at my end because I made the list of errands on the fly and only wanted to get back to the apartment as quickly as possible. But Peter knew what he was doing. Indeed.

The man is a treasure trove of historical facts, especially about the Netherlands. You can read his in-depth post about Sint-Nicolaas here. “He Has Arrived.”

Even as I received yet another hospital bill this afternoon, as the song goes, "I've got joy round my brain" tonight.

Off to sleep now - I hope.

and so it goes.
*
Update: Oops! I forgot to post this before retiring last evening. Must have been the muscle relaxant.

3 comments:

  1. What song is that line from? I have no memory of it. And you know we've been talking music for over 30 years bubba.

    thc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thom: It's Mimi & Richard Farina. I believe Richard wrote it. I don't think we ever talked about folk or protest music of the 60s.
    I'll post the video sometime. Or you can look it up yourself. I love them. They bring back such wonderful memories.

    Lemuel: Thanks. I am new to this, but ought to have known by his grace and intelligence.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...