Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Is It Spring, Yet?

It snowed yet again overnight, only about 3 inches, but a heavy snow compared to last weekend's dump of 9 inches of powder that was easy to remove.

OK I cleaned off the car - more difficult this time thanks to the heavier, wetter snow - and my back was killing me afterward. Seems I can't do anything without causing excruciating pain since fracturing 3 vertabrae last year. Took a couple of Ibuprofen and rested til it kicked in.

Was going to do a bit of grocery shopping, but decided not to drive anywhere today after all.  I have plenty of food in the freezer and a few leftovers as well.

Visited a few blogs, read the NYT, WaPo, and the Guardian while listening to Eva Cassidy. Usually I have trouble listening to her because she died so young.  What a great talent lost to us all. I was in the right mood for her today. No tears.

I broke out the BIG Dutch oven and settled on a big stew because it freezes better and will be good supper on cold nights after work.

Began working on my taxes, but without the W2 from the previous job there's not much to do.  Besides, it was depressing to see the numbers - and this year may be even leaner than last.

Thinking about selling my Nikon D70 since it hardly gets used anymore.  I mean, where do I go to shoot?  Nowhere. A friend sent a 4 question meme to me yesterday and one question was "Name 4 places you go regularly" - my answers were Work, Rehoboth, Lewes, Supermarket.  Sad, ain't it?

Tomorrow it's back to work to gear up for the Super Bowl weekend. It should be a lot of fun. The place will be pure insanity on Sunday and I will enjoy the excitement - if not the game - with everyone else. I will be wearing festive Carnival beads in honour of the Saints.

At this moment there is a beautiful red fox walking through the new snow in the back.


And so it goes.
*

2 comments:

  1. Super Bowl? There's a Super Bowl?
    I've been picking by bits at my taxes, but I am still waiting for one last important document. If it is not here by tomorrow, I am calling the source.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get your snow booties out. We're in form more this weekend. Eight to twelve inches. Maybe some freezing rain with it. Oh joy.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...