Monday, February 22, 2010

A New Monday in Gayberry, USA.

Having received an email notice of a special end-of-season sale on all outerwear at Izod, Bass, and Van Heusen I stopped by before heading into work this morning to see what I could find. I found a triple-fused jacket at 75% off. The outer shell is water resistant, middle layer holds body temperature, and the inner layer is soft fabric. Nice feel and comfortable, to boot. Usually these combos are stiff and difficult to wear while driving a vehicle, but this one is soft to the touch and pleasant to wear. Original price = $100.00 Final price = $25.00! And it wasn't made in China. A real win for me.

We weren't very busy for lunch at the restaurant today, but the facebook adverts appear to be taking hold. The first 2 diners were lesbians who are fans of the restaurant. That's promising, at least. Now I have to work with the boss on more interesting ideas for the weekday specials.

The temperatures rose into the 40s again today and as I made my way back to the apartment a light rain began to fall which will (hopefully) melt more of the snow still on the ground and in mounds everywhere you look. Hung around for an after-shift cocktail this evening, but when "Bad Romance" by Ga Ga came on the XM feed, I hit the ground running and got to the car before having to bear the first "ga ga ou la-la"...

Arrived at the apartment, shed the work drag, made a martini and prepped a light stir fry with rice noodles for supper.

I have the next 2 days off and tomorrow plan to do as little as I can get away with and not feel guilty. And Wednesday will be an activity day. Laundry, grocery shopping, and cooking up a big chicken/sausage Etouffe, 'cause I have a craving, that's why.

And so it goes.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...