Friday, February 26, 2010

A Prisoner in Groundhog Day?

Preparing for the worst I showered and shaved before going to bed last night. Filled up the tub, cranked up the heat, just in case, and threw a few necessaries into a bag with the dop kit, also, just in case.

The noise of the high winds coupled with the creaks and moans of the building responding to the pressure of the wind speeds kept me from getting a restful night's sleep. So far, no power loss, but the most brutal is yet to come. Of course, all schools, churches, public programs etc., are already canceled.

No new snowfall overnight, but it's coming down hard now.  Again, it's virtually whiteout conditions for the third time this month. I don't know how much more this area can take being pummeled every few days. It's hard to catch our collective breath.

As far as I know, the restaurant will be open for lunch today and I'll be there if I don't get blown off the road. It's all about the damned wind.

It's not just me, everyone here is feeling pretty beaten up, power outages, nerves on edge, spoiled food, kids home instead of school, parents having to choose between family needs and jobs.  No easy answers. We simply need a break.


I need a break!

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...