Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Not Again! - Just Shoot Me!

When I pulled in to the supermarket parking lot - at 7:45 this morning - I thought they must have been giving stuff away.  The lot was pretty full for a Wednesday morning.

It wasn't until I walked inside that it struck me; I'll bet someone squealed the words "more snow on the way" because everyone seemed in a froth. The bread aisle was bare as were the milk & eggs storage areas.

So I purchased the items on my list and headed back to the apartment. Listening to the radio I learned that there is a 60% chance of snow late tonight with expected accumulation of - - - 2 to 5 inches! What? Seems everyone is in a panic because the forecasters were wrong about the first heavy storm at the beginning of the month, and nobody is going to be caught short of supplies.  So there!

OK, I had supplies for BOTH storms and it didn't do me a lick of good.  Without power and water all is futile. Some people have really short memories, I suppose.  Just shoot me.



No, shoot me later, it's cocktail time.

And so it goes.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...