Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Five on the Fifth

Stephen Chapman of the blog “The State Of The Nation UK”, has a monthly feature called “Five on the Fifth” in which bloggers may participate by posting five photos on their blog and exchanging links with his. The five pictures, taken in the days leading up to the fifth of the month, may be random or may follow his suggested theme, which this month is “Silver”.

The only silver I have is in old jewelry (the other stuff disappeared with the past life, and it's just as well) that  sits in a box and hasn't been shiny or silvery in many years.  So, I went with another theme. I chose a few shots of last week's visit to the Farmers Market because I still wanted to be in on the fun. To me, the market is better than silver - more worth its weight in gold.  (You may click on any image to embiggen.) So, here they are:

Where I get the Sourdough and other delicious breads.
Perennials, bulbs and seeds from this grower.
The sweetest spring onions I have ever eaten.
A man and his music. Light and lovely for a hot, humid day.
My lady with Swiss Chard, Bok Choy, Snow Peas, and Cucumbers.
I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of eggplant, or aubergine, which should be coming soon.

More later.
*

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love the fresh veggies! You're lucky to be so close to the Rehoboth Farmers' Market. Lots of goodies there. By the way, remember the fine fellow I was in your establishment with over the weekend? Very nice right? Well dear, I met the other half. I'm in love. Wow.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...